As they say, cleanliness is next to Godliness. Although some can debate the accuracy and relevancy of that statement, I think we can all agree that God would rather have us be neat, organized and clean, rather than disorderly and dirty. But whatever your beliefs, it is a proven fact that the more cleanliness you practice, including great hygiene and keeping clean surroundings, the healthier you will be.
One big reason why this is true is the fact that your skin is the largest organ of the human body and absorbs things that come into contact with it very fast. Therefore if you are neglecting your surroundings and letting yourself and your household grow filthy, you will be much more susceptible for illness and various health complications.
So how do you ensure that you maintain the absolute healthiest, filth free lifestyle possible? Be sure to follow these five important guidelines below:
Five Guidelines to Help You Maintain a Clean Healthy Lifestyle
- Keep your body clean – This one’s a given and is very basic and important to ensure you are cleansing your body, from top to bottom, of all the harmful toxins you potentially exposed yourself to each day. Thoroughly shower and wash with all natural paraben-free body wash at least once a day. Brush your teeth with all natural flouride-free toothpaste making sure to reach all areas of your mouth.
- Keep your insides clean – Keeping your insides clean is just as important as keeping the outside of your body clean. You’ve heard the saying, “you are what you eat.” This is true. You want to do your very best to avoid all harmful toxins which come in the form of artificial flavorings, preservatives, GMO’s, hydrogenated oils, MSG and much more. If you allow what you eat to pollute your body, you will absolutely encounter health issues. It’s all a matter of time.
- Keep your household clean – Being sure to keep a fresh and clean environment in which you live, is very important. Clean your home regularly making sure to remove dust and other harmful substances from all surfaces. Getting your air ducts and dryer vents cleaned at least every other year can also reduce the risk of harmful mold and carbon monoxide poisoning in many cases, according to a company that does dryer vent cleaning in Nashville TN. Paying attention to the details, when it comes to house cleaning, can save you a world of troubles in the future.
- Keep your mind clean – This one is one of the most neglected points of this guideline by a landslide. Most people pay little to no attention to what they put into their minds. Although this may seem like something that is of little importance, guarding your mind of negativity and filth, which comes in all forms from filthy TV shows to negative thoughts about yourself, is very crucial to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It’s a fact that the majority of diseases start in the mind. It would make sense then, that you would want to be certain that no garbage or negative thought patterns enter your mind…am I right?
- Keep your emotions clean – Last but not least, you want to keep your emotions squeaky clean. What do I mean by that? Just like keeping our minds clean is important, it is equally important to protect our emotions because they effect our mind and our body as a whole. Removing ourselves from unnecessary stressful situations, whether that be abusive relationships, stressful jobs or negative and manipulative friends and family, we should do everything we can to eliminate these things from our lives as they directly impact our emotions, causing damaging emotions like anger, frustration, anxiety, sadness, and self esteem issues.
Keeping close tabs on all of these five guidelines, will help you live a clean, happy, and healthy lifestyle for years to come. It may not be easy to follow these guidelines at first, after all habits are one of the hardest things to change, but start now and be consistent and you will only get better with time.